TRENTON, N.J.—The Professional Insurance Agents of New Jersey reminds motorists that spring is a good time to talk to their professional, independent insurance agent to discuss what factors affect their car insurance.
The price you pay for your auto insurance can vary. It depends on a variety of considerations from what type of car you have to where you buy your insurance. Prices are different from company to company. Your professional, independent agent will shop around to get you the best value for your money,” says Kacy Campion Renna, CIC, PIANJ president.
“Car insurance premiums are based on several factors. The car’s price; the cost to repair it; the driver’s safety record; to name a few. However, many insurers offer discounts for features that reduce the risk of injuries or theft.”
PIANJ offers a few tips on how to save money on your auto insurance:
- Higher deductibles can lower your costs. For example, increasing your deductible could possibly reduce your collision and comprehensive coverage cost.
- You may want to consider dropping collision and/or comprehensive coverages on older cars.
- Many insurers will give you a break if you bundle, or buy two or more types of insurance.
- Some companies will offer discounts to drivers who drive a lower-than-average number of miles per year.
- You also may get a discount if you take a defensive driving course.
- If there is a young driver on your policy who is a good student; has taken a driver’s education course; or is away at college without a car, you also may qualify for a lower rate.
“Most insurance companies will offer special ways to save,” says Renna. “To make sure you’re getting all the discounts available to you, ask your professional, independent agent to check for all possible savings.”
Professional Insurance Agents reminds you to “Go with a Pro” when you are considering your insurance options. A Professional Insurance Agent offers you a choice of insurance products from a variety of carriers; shops for the best insurance coverage for you; gives knowledgeable and objective advice on complex insurance decisions; and lives in your community and supports local efforts. Look for the PIA logo to find a professional, independent insurance agent.
PIANJ is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.