CNB TRAVEL: AAA Road-Trip Survival Tips
Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Before any trip, make sure you download the AAA Mobile App! The app is the ultimate road trip companion, featuring a fuel price finder, TripTik planner, a Discounts & Rewards finder, and quick access to our reliable Emergency Roadside Service.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be used only if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your vacation, wherever you’re headed. Below are some helpful resources you can take advantage of to get started on your road-trip!
Travel with AAA
AAA saves you time and money on travel near and far
AAA provides full travel agency services and can help you with all the details of planning road trips, cruises, vacation packages, and everything in-between. We'll find you the best deals, plus you'll get exclusive perks because you're a AAA member. With AAA, your vacation begins even before you go.