Pheasant (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
November 29, 2016
The NJDEP Division of Fish and Wildlife will be stocking an additional 8,000 pheasants for hunters in December, a result of another excellent production year at the Rockport Pheasant Farm.
The Division had already committed to stocking 50,000 during its regular stocking season, and has already used 1,000 surplus birds to double the number of pheasant stocked during the November 5, 2016 Youth Pheasant Hunt.
These additional 8,000 birds will be distributed statewide, utilizing the new New Jersey's Pheasant Allocation Formula during six of the remaining days of the current stocking season. The current plan is to allocate the additional birds for the following dates:
- Dec. 1 - additional 1,200 pheasants
- Dec. 3 - additional 630 pheasants
- Dec. 13 - additional 390 pheasants
- Dec. 17 - additional 890 pheasants
- Dec. 24 - additional 2,040 pheasants
- Dec. 29 - additional 2,850 pheasants