POSITION TITLE: Public Works Foreman
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, October 19, 2016
DEADLINE DATE: Monday, October 31, 2016
Posting description and requirements
public works foreman
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Public Works, plans, develops and coordinates the efforts of the division of Public Buildings and Ground or the Division of Streets and Roads.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Performs a variety of supervisory and semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation of streets, roads, building, grounds, parks, and recreational areas.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the personnel and activities concerned with streets, and public buildings and grounds.
- Analyzes potential operating problems concerned with Borough property and confers with Borough officials to determine the plans and policies to be observed in the conduct of public works operations.
- Supervises the maintenance of all buildings, property, materials, apparatus and/or equipment used by or designated to be under the control of the department.
- Formulates effective work assignments for public works personnel and oversees their work performance in order to ensure good work standards, conduct and output.
- Enforces rules of conduct for the department and implements policies and procedures of the Borough.
- Confers with citizens, contractors, suppliers, and local officials; directs the investigation and disposition of complaints relative to Public Works services and facilities.
Graduation from high school or possession of an approved high school equivalent certificate.
Possession of a commercial driver’s license, valid in the State of New Jersey is required.
Five years’ experience in maintenance and repair work. Minimum of two years’ experience operating trucks and equipment of varying size and weight.
Considerable knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in the maintenance of building and grounds. Considerable knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies used in the maintenance of Borough streets and roads. Considerable knowledge of equipment and supplies and methods required in the ongoing maintenance of Borough buildings and equipment.
Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of the position.
Ability to comprehend established routines and rules and regulations of some complexity.
Ability to organize work and develop effective work methods.
Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to schedule.
Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and to perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Ability to prepare suitable reports and establish suitable records and files.
Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officials, department heads, employees, the public and to communicate courteously and tactfully.
Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they are able to perform the essential functions of the position after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
Please send resume with salary requirements to:
John F, Greer
Borough of Pine Hill
45 West 7th Avenue
Pine Hill, New Jersey 08021
Fax No.: 856-783-5388
Pine Hill Police Department
48 West 6th Avenue
Pine Hill, NJ 08021