photo credit Anne Forline
GLOUCESTER CITY N.J.--Quality Public Speakers - All smiles after doing a great job making presentations about their schools during the recent Gloucester Board of Education meeting are, from left: Charles Stewart of Cold Springs School, Ryan Beswick of Mary Ethel Costello and Raquel Cannon of the Highland Park Program for Success.
SCHOOL BUDGET UP!-The Board approved a $47,641,266 proposed budget for the 2012-13 fiscal year which is $1,795,725 more than last years figure of $45,845,541.
The school budget stayed within the 2 percent cap so voters will not decide on it during the November General Election.
The local tax levy is $3,348,902 -- an increase from last year’s total of $3,283,237 or $65,665 more than last year.
The state is contributing $29,644,731, up from last year’s total of $28,861,869.
The district also receives $5,181,114 in various grants and entitlements from both the state and federal governments.
- Gloucester City Board of Education Approves Change in Annual School Election | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- This Just In: Joe Rafferty Named Superintendent of the Gloucester City School District | cnbnews (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Gloucester City Board of Education Hires Local Resident for Superintendent Position (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Taylor Moore Throws out First Pitch of Gloucester City Little League Season | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Memories: Growing Up Gloucester | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- GLOUCESTER CITY POLICE RELEASE PHOTOS OF BURGLARY SUSPECTS | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)
- Video: Government Gone Wild, Blame Both Parties | cnbnews.net (gloucestercitynews.net)