Author Anne Forline | South Jersey Observer
BELLMAWR N.J. MAY 28, 2016--Bellmawr Council approved a list of new hires at its May 26, 2016, Council meeting. Resolution #05:120-16 authorized the acceptance of new hires for the Borough of Bellmawr “as per attached.” Because the list was not attached to the agenda, SJO requested a copy of this list from Borough Clerk Chuck Sauter after the meeting and he provided it.
The list of names was approved as “New Hire Listing for period range 12/11/2015 to 5/12/2016.” The South Jersey Observer (SJO) is listing the employees’ names followed by their date of hire in parenthesis.
- Kevin Lokaj (2/1/2016)
- Raymond Bider (2/1/2016)
- James Barber (2/11/2016)
- Angela Buonopane (3/18/2016)
- Scott Young (3/23/2016)
- Dominick Cocciolone (3/30/2016)
- Joseph Marianna (4/1/2016)
- Edward Idelson (4/4/2016)
- Theodore Dow (4/18/2016)
- Americo Gonzales (4/29/2016)
- Justin Stein (5/1/2016)
(Editor’s note: EMT Eric Jacob was approved to be hired as an EMT on the February 25th agenda.)
To find out more about these positions, SJO filed an OPRA request on May 27, 2016, seeking the following information:
1. Copies of the Executive Session minutes from the April 21, 2016, Caucus Meeting.
2. Regarding Resolution #05:120:16 copies of the job descriptions, salaries, and Borough Departments for the new hires that were listed as approved on the May 26, 2016, council meeting agenda.
3. Copies of the postings or advertisements that list where these positions were publicly advertised or posted (newspaper, Borough of Bellmawr’s website, or other job posting website, such as Indeed, Career Builder, etc.)
4. A copy of the Borough of Bellmawr’s policy for new hires.
SJO was only aware of job openings within the Borough of Bellmawr for the Highway Department and for EMTs and shared these postings on Facebook:
Additionally, yesterday SJO sent an email to the Borough asking for information concerning the openings within the Police Department because of vacancies due to the recent retirements that have taken place since the beginning of the year.
The email stated: “As for the vacancies left in the police department because of the recent retirements, when will the Boro start to advertise and interview for those open positions? How many openings are anticipated?”
SJO will provide all of the information in a future article once it is received.