With Oct. 5 being International World Teachers Day and in recognition of the key role that educators play in our children’s lives, the personal finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2015’s Best and Worst States for Teachers.
In order to help educators find the best teaching opportunities in the country and draw attention to the states needing improvement in this regard, WalletHub analyzed the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 13 key metrics, ranging from average starting salary to unemployment rate to the projected number of teachers per student by 2022.
Being a Teacher in New Jersey (1=Best; 25=Avg.)
- 10th – Average Starting Salary for Teachers
- 20th – Median Annual Salary for Teachers
- 3rd – WalletHub “School Systems” Ranking
- 15th – Teachers’ Income Growth Potential
- 26th – 10-Year Change in Teacher Salaries
- 5th – Pupil-to-Teacher Ratio
- 3rd – Public School Spending per Student
For the full report, please visit: