Brooklawn Shopping Center Major New Tenants going in! (
CNB Hunting/Fishing New Jersey: New State Record Cobia - Spearfishing Category

Update on Ferguson Protests

FERGUSON MO--The St. Louis County Police Department released the following statement regarding the Ferguson protest events that occurred the night of Monday, August 10, 2015 into the early morning of Tuesday, August 11, 2015.

On Monday, August 10, 2015, St. Louis County Executive Steve Stenger authorized an Executive Order placing the St. Louis County Police Department in charge of Protest Details in the City of Ferguson.

At approximately 5:30 p.m. on Monday, August 10, multiple police departments that included St. Louis County Police, Missouri State Highway Patrol, Maryland Heights Police Department, and St. Charles City Police Department were dispatched to the area of Highway 70 and Earth City Expressway for a group of protestors shutting down eastbound and westbound traffic of Interstate 70. All police departments worked successfully together in safely removing protesters from blocking the highway, and effecting approximately 64 arrests without incident.

At approximately 8:00 p.m. on August 10, the St. Louis County Police Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol responded to the 9200 block of W. Florissant in reference to several protesters standing in the roadway. Officers arrived on the scene and negotiated the protesters out of the roadway.

Protesters continued to move in and out of W. Florissant from approximately 9:30 p.m. on August 10 to 12:15 a.m. on August 11. Protesters would periodically throw bottles, frozen water bottles, and rocks at the police officers on-scene. Approximately 23 arrests were made during that time frame. On several occasions, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar spoke with protest leaders in an attempt to deescalate the situation.

During the protest events, there were no shootings, shots fired, burglaries, lootings, or property damages. No injuries were reported by police or civilians. One St. Louis County Police Officer was hit in the chest with a small chunk of concrete, but was not injured however due to his protective vest.

The St. Louis County Tactical Operations Unit was on standby for protest support, but was never deployed to actively participate with any civil disobedience. At no time was any smoke or tear gas used. St. Louis County Police provided extra patrols throughout the City of Ferguson to provide safety to both businesses and citizens.

A detailed list of all persons arrested during the above time frame will be provided as soon as that information is compiled.