by Mark Matthews
Just when everyone was scratching their heads over Chip Kelly's recent moves for the Philadelphia Eagles, he pulls a deal that has everyone this morning calling him a genius.
I was curious to see what the national sports media had to say about the move, and I found that the Dallas Morning News had already summed it up nicely. The fans living in Dallas have probably been shaking their head in disbelief all night, and it sure is unfortunate that they have to wake up to their own local paper summarizing the loss of their 2014 star offensive player:
Some admittedly "pro Eagles" excerpts... from the Dallas Morning news excerpts:
- It's a double victory for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Dallas Cowboys only have themselves to blame.
- Persuading Murray to leave the Cowboys, where he played behind arguably the league's most dominant run-blocking offensive line, is a huge coup for Eagles personnel czar/coach Chip Kelly
- Stealing Murray from Dallas is a huge win for Kelly and the Eagles
- It's too soon to suggest that Murray signing with the Eagles alters the balance of power in the NFC East, but the move definitely diffuses the potency of the Dallas Cowboys' offense.
- By snagging DeMarco Murray away from the Cowboys, Kelly simultaneously struck a huge blow to a division rival
- He's sticking it to this city's most insufferable sports rival: the haughty, entitled Cowboys.
Let's hear your opinions on this trade, and all of the Eagles moves! Dallas fans are welcome to comment also.