- In the spirit of that free exchange of ideas, please keep the conversation clean and respectful. If you see something objectionable, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CNBNEWS moderators have the right to edit, delete, move or close any comment or forum at any time. The following rules and guidelines clarify our practices and provide an explanation of what content may lead to message deletion and/or user bans.
Play nice! Messages containing intentionally misleading or false information, defamatory content, threats, verbal abuse, harassment, obscenity or personal information about other individuals are not allowed.
- Comments should be brief and stick to either generally known facts or the facts contained in a news story. Keep a civil tone. Resist making personal attacks or indulging in name-calling.
- Keep your posts commercial-free: Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes and solicitations are unacceptable.
- Spam is not allowed. Spamming includes multiple disruptive, meaningless or repetitive messages, or messages posted solely for solicitation. Messages considered spam, trolling or flaming (as determined by the moderator) can be deleted without warning or explanation.
- Fair Use: Do not post entire articles into comments or forums. This is a potential violation of copyright laws. It's unnecessary and results in needlessly long posts. Instead, post a brief abstract of the material and a link to the complete source. If you are not sure how much of an article you can legally post, please simply post a link to the material.
- Don't see a message you posted earlier? Administrators may move messages to more relevant forums. If you recently posted a message and cannot find it anywhere, the message may have been deleted because of objectionable content. Feel free to try again or contact the moderator for details.