Maryland Transportation Authority (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Motorists Advised to Travel Off-Peak, Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for Current Traffic Conditions
Due to Sunfest in Ocean City, Md., motorists should expect higher than normal traffic volumes Thursday, Sept. 19, through Sunday, Sept. 22. The MDTA [Maryland Transportation Authority]will monitor traffic conditions throughout the weekend and, weather permitting, implement two-way operations (when one lane of eastbound traffic travels on the westbound span) on the westbound span to help alleviate potential eastbound delays. For motorists' safety, two-way will NOT be implemented in inclement weather.
The MDTA encourages motorists to travel off-peak. The best times
Friday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
Saturday before 7 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
Sunday before 10 a.m. and after 10 p.m. Don't Wing It. Plan Ahead!
- Call 1-877-BAYSPAN (229-7726) for 24/7 Bay Bridge traffic conditions.
- Visit baybridge.com to view traffic cameras at the Bay Bridge and to sign up for email alerts.
- Follow the MDTA at twitter.com/TheMDTA and facebook.com/TheMDTA.
- Ease your travel with E-ZPass. Visit ezpassmd.com to enroll on-line and for a list of E-ZPass "On the Go" retail locations.
- Know Before You Go - call 511 or visit MD511.org for statewide travel information. To view real-time traffic camera images on MDTA roadways, visit mdta.maryland.gov.
- For current toll rates, visit mdta.maryland.gov and click on Toll Rate Calculator. The cash toll rate for two-axle vehicles at the Bay Bridge is $6.