(Photo credits: www.roadtrafficsigns.com)
Gloucester Township Police Media Advisory
On Friday August 30th, 2013 through early Saturday morning August 31st , 2013; The Gloucester Township Police Department, in coordination with the Camden County Prosecutors Office, will be conducting a DWI Sobriety Checkpoint in Gloucester Township as part of New Jersey's 101 Days of Summer traffic safety campaign and Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over enforcement initiative.
Statistics provided by the New Jersey State Police showed that in 2011, there were four fatal crashes and four persons killed over the three day holiday period.
Gloucester Township Police recommends the following easy steps, for a safe Labor Day weekend
• Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin;
• Before drinking, please designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home;
• If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation so you are
sure to get home safely;
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact your local law enforcement;
• And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help
them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
Let us all work together to make it a safe weekend for everyone.
For additional information on the dangers of impaired driving, visit http://www.nhtsa.gov,http://www.nj.gov/oag/hts/index.html or http://www.madd.org.