NEWS, SPORTS, COMMENTARY, POLITICS for Gloucester City and the Surrounding Areas of South Jersey and Philadelphia

Louisville vs Rutgers Predictions: BCS Berth on the Line in Big East Battle |
The Port Authority's Cloudy Future by Nicole Gelinas, City Journal

Niemiec Up For Soccer News Net Player Of The Year |


Vote for Niemiec! 

PHILADELPHIA - Courtney Niemiec has been named one of 36 finalists for Soccer News Net's Women's College Player of the Year. The online fan vote will account for 40% of the total toward the selection, with the remaining 60% going to the website's editorial staff. Niemiec was one of only two players from the Atlantic 10 to be nominated and is the only representative from a school in Philadelphia.

Niemiec was named the A-10 Defensive Player of the Year as well as a first-team all-conference selection for her standout play in the backfield this season, anchoring an Explorer defense that earned 10 shutouts this season. The junior played an integral role in La Salle's 17-5-1 showing this year, including an unbeaten 8-0-1 mark in the A-10 during the regular season and a 3-0 record during conference playoffs. 

Enhanced by Zemanta