With the Supreme Court set to rule this week on the president’s health care law, Rep. Bill Cassidy, M.D. (R-LA) delivered a must-watch Weekly Republican Address on how the law is making our economy worse by driving up costs and making it harder for small businesses to hire new workers. “The vast majority of Americans want the Supreme Court to overturn all or part of ObamaCare,” says Cassidy. “Good health care starts in a doctor’s office, not a Washington backroom.” Watch here:
MORE FROM THE SPEAKER'S BLOG
- JOBS & ENERGY: The House passed the Domestic Energy & Jobs Act to remove government barriers to energy production and create thousands of new jobs. Speaker Boehner highlighted the bill on the Laura Ingraham Show.
- RELENTLESSLY FOCUSED ON JOBS: While Senate Democrats are blocking more than 30 House-passed jobs bills, Speaker Boehner says “Republicans have been relentlessly focused on helping small businesses create jobs, and we’re going to remain focused on that goal.”
- ALL OF OBAMACARE MUST GO: “Unless the Supreme Court throws out the entire ObamaCare bill, the House will move to repeal all of it,” says Speaker Boehner. That’s because – as Rep. Cassidy pointed out - the unpopular law is driving up health costs and making it harder for small businesses to hire.
- INDIVIDUAL MANDATE: House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) admits the individual mandate is the heart of ObamaCare. She’s not alone. If the Supreme Court strikes down the mandate, here are Democrats who say the rest of the law simply won’t work. Full repeal is the only option.
- #STOPTHETAXHIKE #4JOBS: A new report shows President Obama’s plan to raise taxes on families and small businesses next year “would have a devastating effect on the economy.” That’s why the House will vote next month to stop all of the tax hikes.
- DEMOCRATS BREAK WITH POTUS: A growing number of Democrats are breaking with President Obama and signaling support for the bipartisan plan to stop the tax hike on families and small businesses.
- PROTECTING OUR TROOPS: The House passed a bill to protect our troops by replacing arbitrary defense cuts that would devastate our national security with common-sense cuts and reforms. What are President Obama and Senate Democrats doing to solve the problem? Absolutely nothing.
- SOLYNDRA-STYLE ‘STIMULUS’ BUST: A new report shows job creation was an afterthought for the Obama administration as it poured more than $10 billion into ‘stimulus’-funded energy grants -- with little to show for it.
- STUDENT LOANS: In April, the House passed a responsible bill to stop student loan rates from doubling. Republicans suggested extending rates by using bipartisan options from President Obama’s budget. The president still hasn’t responded. And Senate Democrats have yet to pass a plan of their own.