Democratic Party chairwoman Jill McCrea nominates three rotten apples for interim mayor…
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, GLOUCESTER COUNTY, NJ (August 5, 2011) - The head of the Washington Township Democratic political party, Jill McCrea, this week nominated three questionable candidates to replace former Mayor Matthew P. Lyons, who was forced by the NJ Supreme Court Professional Ethics Committee to resign last month.
Two of the three interim mayoral candidates, Elizabeth Rogale, daughter of Washington Township political boss John Rogale, and Robert Smith, current Washington Township prosecutor apparently have conflicts since they both work three municipal jobs between them. The third, Joe McCrea is the husband of Chairwoman Jill McCrea.
“It boggles the mind that the Democrats would again put up conflicted candidates in the wake of Lyons resignation for ethical misconduct,” commented Washington Township GOP Chairman Michael Pascetta. “Their arrogance knows no bounds and proves that they put their self serving interests ahead of resident’s interests.”
“The selection of these candidates is a mockery of the political process put in place by New Jersey Statutes to deal with the circumstance of a mayor’s resignation,” said Councilman Giancarlo D’Orazio. “The residents of Washington Township deserve a viable un-conflicted mayor, even though it’s for only a short time.
According to the Gloucester County Times article on August 3, Councilman D’Orazio requested to see the resumes for the three nominees as part of the vetting process, however Jill McCrea stated that she refuses to provide them.
The interim mayor is to serve the residents of Washington Township for about 10 weeks, after which a new more permanent mayor will be sworn in after a special election on November 8 of this year.
About WTGOP: The Washington Township GOP is the official Republican organization in Washington Township. The organization consists of the Republican Executive Committee and the Republican Club. Our mission is to work with the elected officials and residents of Washington Township to further the ideals of our community. We strive to elect officials that will be accessible and accountable to the Washington Township residents. For more information visit our website at www.wtgop.com.
- Supreme Court Committee Opinion: Lyons cannot serve as County Solicitor & Mayor -cnbnews.net
- Mayor Matthew Lyons Should Resign Immediately -cnbnews.net
- Pascetta Re-elected as Washington Twp. GOP Committee - cnbnews.net
- Washington Twp. Republican council members stopped two budget votes -cnbnews.net
- South Jersey Citizens Continue to Fight Gloucester Township Council -cnbnews.net
- Letters: Gloucester Township Council Continues to Refuse Pay to Play Ordinance-cnbnews. net
- LETTERS: Gloucester Township Council Against Changing Pay to Play-cnbnews.net
- New Jersey county's GOP divided by primary
- And We Wonder Why Good People Don't Get Involved in Politics...