On duty Cherry Hill Firefighters & EMTs also experienced the same shaking in their firehouses. Once the effects had subsided, it was apparent that calls for help were going to start coming in. Within minutes of the earthquake, several off duty personnel who were working on the September 11 Memorial at Marlkress Road, manned the Cherry Hill Emergency Operations Center there. This center offers a central location, during emergencies or events, for all essential agencies to operate with a cohesive purpose and to better coordinate the efforts of emergency crews. Also working from the EOC were Cherry Hill Police officials and members of town government.
Today’s earthquake is a great reminder that emergencies can strike anywhere and often happen without warning. Be sure your family has an emergency plan and a kit of emergency supplies to sustain yourselves for at least 72 hours.
- Hurricane Irene New York: Storm Path Points Near NYC
- Bloomberg to NYers: Plan ahead for Hurricane Irene
- Weather emergencies
- Hurricane Irene Batters Smaller Islands Of Bahamas
- What would happen if hurricane Irene hit New York City?
- East Coast Earthquake Preparedness
- Earthquake shows difficulty of evacuation from DC