The American Legion - August 10, 2011
Photo by Becky Burch
CNBNEWS.NET NOTE-For those attending the series if you take any photos of the games or festivities that you would like to share with CNBNews readers you can forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we get enough we will make up an album for everyone to view. Doesn't matter what team you are rooting for, we want your photos! ~Bill Cleary
(www.legion.org)After winning their respective regional tournaments, the field for The American Legion Baseball World Series has been set, and the teams are on their way to Shelby, N.C.
The following are the eight American Legion World Series teams:
• Northeast Division - Bedford, N.H., sponsored by Stevens-Buswell Post 54.
• Southeast Division - Gaffney, S.C.; sponsored by Post 109.
• Central Plains Division - Eden Prairie, Minn.; sponsored by Eden Prairie Baseball Association.
• Northwest Division - Waipahu, H.I., "Mauradeurs;" sponsored by Post 56.
• Mid-Atlantic Division - Brooklawn, N.J.; sponsored by Legion Post 72.
• Great Lakes Division - Midland, Mich., Berryhill Post 165.
• Mid-South Division - Tupelo, Miss., "49ers," sponsored by Post 49.
• Western Division - Las Vegas "Titans," sponsored by Nevada Youth Baseball Association.
World Series festivities kick off Thursday with a banquet dinner, along with a concert performance by Grammy winner Ronnie Dunn and special guest Colt Ford. Once games get under way, two other highly anticipated appearances include NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. and the 88 National Guard Car on Aug. 15, and American Legion/David Law Firm 76 Freedom Car and driver Jerick Johnson on Aug. 11.
Games swing into action at 10 a.m. EDT on Aug. 12 at Keeter Stadium in Shelby with a game between Eden Prairie, Minn., and Midland, Mich.. But before the first pitch is thrown, fallen heroes from the eight teams' regions will be announced and honored. This is just one of the many ways the military and its servicemembers will be represented during the four-day event.
Follow the 2011 Legion Baseball World Series teams in action Aug. 12-16 live, and for free, on ESPN3. Fans can quickly access ESPN3 by visiting www.legion.org, where a direct link to the site is available, as well as a link to track games live, including play-by-play, score and stats.
Stay tuned to www.legion.org throughout the World Series for daily highlights and photos of each game.
Below is the broadcast schedule for all of this year's games (all times EDT).
• Aug. 12 - 10:00 a.m., Game 1: Central Plains vs. Great Lakes; 1 p.m., Western vs. Mid-South; 5 p.m., Northwest vs. Mid-Atlantic; 8 p.m., Southeast vs. Northeast
• Aug. 13 - Games at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 (match-ups to be determined)
• Aug. 14 - Games at 1 p.m., 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
• Aug. 15 - Games at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
• Aug. 16 - Games at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. (if necessary)
- BREAKING NEWS: Brooklawn Legion Wins Mid-Atlantic Title; Play in World Series Starting on Friday, August 12
- American Legion Baseball: Mid Atlantic Tournament Results, Brooklawn Remains Undefeated, Play South Charleston WV Today
- BREAKING NEWS: Brooklawn One Away from Shelby North Carolina-cnbnews.net
- American Legion World Series will boost Shelby economy
- AMERICAN LEGION: A positive community transformation -cnbnews.net
- New Online Resource Available for Eden Prairie Homebuyers and Sellers
- Brookers Win 25th State Championship Title -cnbnews.net
- MLB scouts evaluate Legion players
- The American Legion Expands Fourth Estate Awards