The Foundry: Conservative Policy News...Quick Hits:
- According to CBO numbers published this month, the cost of Operation Iraqi Freedom was $709 billion, while the projected cost of the stimulus is $862 billion.
- The Justice Department has filed another lawsuit against Arizona, this time claiming that community colleges acted illegally in requiring noncitizens to provide green cards before they could be hired.
- Acknowledging that majorities still oppose Obamacare, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius promised “a lot of reeducation” for the American people heading into the midterms.
- Education Secretary Arne Duncan urged government employees to attend a rally held by Rev. Al Sharpton last Saturday.
- According to the Washington Examiner President Obama and Democrats got 88 percent of contributions by TV network execs, writers and reporters in 2008.