Bellmawr Fire Department Press Release July 7
Last night at 3:25am The Bellmawr Fire Department, Task Force 32, was dispatched to 332 Saunders Avenue for a reported house fire. First arriving units arrived reporting fire showing from the rear. Crews discovered the rear deck was well involved and that the fire had advanced into the main structure. Crews used two 1 ¾ inch waterlines to quickly knock down the bulk of the fire. The Fire was placed under control in 20 minutes. No injuries were reported as the occupants 2 adults and two children were alerted by a passing motorist. The fire is under investigation by the Camden County Fire Marshal’s Office.
Chief Jim Burleigh credited the crews that did an outstanding job all while enduring the extreme temperatures. The dedication and training of the members make the difference when confronted with these types of incidents.
Mutual aid from Runnemede, Barrington and Mt Ephraim Fire Departments assisted at the scene.
While units were responding to the incident on Saunders Avenue, County Communications received reports of an apartment fire on the other side of town. Gloucester City, Westville, Mt Ephraim and Haddon Heights Fire Departments secured an air conditioning unit that malfunctioned and filled the apartment with smoke.
The Bellmawr Fire Department is on pace for a record breaking year for calls. Last year the Department had 666 calls, as of today we have 475 calls for service. The Bellmawr Fire Department responded to 3 working structure fires in past month all that were in Bellmawr. The 100% Volunteer Department is doing its best to meet the demands that are being placed on our members. Like every other community, we are doing more with less.
If you are interested in Helping out the community visit us on the web at www.bellmawrfire.com and download an application. You can drop it off at the Borough Hall.
The Bellmawr Fire Department wants to remind all residents to check their smoke detectors and batteries. If you need assistance with your detectors contact the Borough Hall at 856-933-1313 and someone from the fire department will gladly take the time to help.
Check Your Detector Today!