TCNJ’s WOMEN’S TENNIS TEAM COLLECTS 7-2 WIN OVER ST. LAWRENCE
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Canton, NY – Ranked No.17 in Division III, the Lions of The College of New Jersey women’s tennis team picked up a 7-2 road win over the Saints of St. Lawrence University. With the win, the Lions are now 7-5 overall, while St. Lawrence drops to 4-2.
1. Christina Contrafatto and Jackie Shtemberg (TCNJ) def. Kirsten Lannon and Chelsea Hubbell, 8-5
2. Casey Gilman and Stephanie Finn (SLU) def. Sarah Roser and Amanda Berg, 8-3
3. Stefanie Haar and Haley Kutner (TCNJ) def. Teresa Rodriguez and Liz Ronty, 8-0
1. Shtemberg (TCNJ) def. Lannon, 6-1, 6-0
2. Finn (SLU) def. Berg, 6-2, 6-2
3. Contrafatto (TCNJ) def. Gilman, 6-1, 6-2
4. Haar (TCNJ) def. Rodriguez, 6-1, 6-0
5. Kutner (TCNJ) def. Hubbell, 6-2, 6-0
6. Roser (TCNJ) def. Mackenzie Hall, 6-4, 6-3
TCNJ’s women’s tennis team rebounded from a four-match losing skid with a 7-2 convincing regional win over St. Lawrence University on the road.
TCNJ’s top doubles tandem of senior Christina Contrafatto (Cherry Hill, NJ/Cherry Hill East) and sophomore Jackie Shtemberg (Franklin Lakes, NJ/Ramapo) were victorious as they were 8-5 winners. They duo is now 17-8 on the year together with an 8-3 mark in dual competition.
Shtemberg added a 6-1, 6-0 win at first singles as she beat the Saints’ senior Kirsten Lannon (Topsfield, MA) and is now 18-8 on the year to up her singles career record to 45-12. Contrafatto added a win at third singles as she beat sophomore Casey Gilman (Gloucester, MA) and is now 131-50 overall in singles and doubles play as a Lion.
TCNJ returns to the courts on Sunday facing William Smith College on the road in Geneva, NY.