Geneva, NY – The 25th ranked Lions of The College of New Jersey men’s tennis team picked up their third 9-0 win on the season and their second in as many days as they beat Hobart College on Sunday afternoon. With the win, TCNJ improves to 6-3, while the Statesmen drop to 6-7.
TCNJ 9-0 Hobart
1. Michael Klimchak and Roger Mosteller (TCNJ) def. Charlie Davis and Harry King, 8-6
2. Eric Ferriere and Jeremy Eckardt (TCNJ) def. Jamie Flanigan and Matt Chin, 8-1
3. James Vance and Jonathan Yu (TCNJ) def. Zach Schultz and Will Tucker, 8-0
1. Klimchak (TCNJ) def. Davis, 6-1, 6-0
2. Ferriere (TCNJ) def. King, 6-1, 6-3
3. Eckardt (TCNJ) def. Chin, 6-0, 6-0
4. Mosteller (TCNJ) def. Tucker, 6-0, 6-0
5. Yu (TCNJ) def. Flanigan, 6-1, 6-2
6. Jon Glinchman (TCNJ) def. Schultz, 6-0, 6-3
Ranked 25th in Division III, the Lions posted their second 9-0 on the weekend as they beat another regional opponent and have now tallied five wins over Eastern Regional opponents on the season.
TCNJ’s seniors Mike Klimchak (Clark, NJ/Arthur L. Johnson) and Roger Mosteller (Medford Lakes, NJ/Shawnee) added a win with one another at first doubles. The pair is now 7-3 with one another this spring and has combined to produce a record of 40-11 with one another. Klimchak added a win at first singles in three sets as he a 6-1, 6-0 victor and is now 13-7 this year. Klimchak is now 132-39 on his career at TCNJ, while Mosteller who added the win at fourth singles on Sunday and is now 68-15 in three years as a Lion.
Senior Eric Ferriere (Montague, NJ/Kittatinny) was a double winner as well with a 6-1, 6-3 win at second singles and is now 11-6 on the year in singles play. He teamed at second doubles with sophomore Jeremy Eckardt (Belle Mead, NJ/Montgomery) for the win as the Lions duo is now 7-3 with one another this year.
TCNJ returns to action on Tuesday, April 1 hosting Drew University is a 3:30 p.m. home matchup.