PINE HILL, NJ (October 4, 2018)(CNBNewsnet)--Domestic violence affects every American. It harms our communities, weakens the foundation of our Nation, and hurts those we love most. It is an affront to our basic decency and humanity, and it must end.
During National Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we acknowledge the progress made in reducing these shameful crimes, embrace the basic human right to be free from violence and abuse, and recognize that more work remains until every individual is able to live free from fear.
The Pine Hill Police Department and Camden County Women’s Center are seeking volunteers for the Pine Hill Police Department Domestic Violence Response Team (DVRT). The DVRT is a team of esteemed men and women who graciously volunteer their time and energies towards providing alternatives, and referrals to victims of domestic violence.
The Pine Hill Police Department DVRT program was started in 2012 with the knowledge that victims of domestic violence are often isolated and trapped in abusive relationships. Studies demonstrate that victims of domestic violence are three times more likely to return to their abusers if they are provided with little or no support. DVRT volunteers provide emotional support, information on domestic violence, community resources, and safety planning.
DVRT Member Objectives:
1. To decrease the emotional trauma experienced by victims through:
- Providing victims an opportunity to express their emotional response to their crisis
- Educating victims about the dynamics of domestic violence
2. To increase a victim's ability to make an educated decision about their options by:
- Increasing the victim's awareness of available community resources
- Increasing the victim's awareness of available legal options and their
understanding of the legal process
3. To increase the victim's access to community resources by:
- Providing the victim with the necessary information to access available resources
- Assisting the victim in contacting available community resources
If you are interested in training to becoming a DVRT volunteer, contact the Camden County Women's Center at email@example.com or the Pine Hill Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
source Pine Hill Police Department