GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP NJ (May 1, 2018)(CNBNewsnet)--The Gloucester Township Police Department released the following information about reserved parking for the disable.
Reserved parking for persons with disabilities ensures safe and equal access to goods and services. Parking for persons with disabilities not only makes it possible for individuals to use and benefit from the services offered by public and private entities -- it is the law.
- Prohibit parking motor vehicles in handicapped spaces without a special vehicle identification card; mandate initial and subsequent fines of $250 each and up to 90 days of community services (C.39:4-197.(3)c).
- Authorize municipalities to establish handicapped spaces in front of residences, schools, hospitals, public buildings, and in shopping and business districts (C.39:4-197.5).
- Authorize municipalities to establish handicapped parking zones in front of residences occupied by people with disabilities, unless such parking interferes with the flow of traffic (C.39:4-197.6).
- Enable enforcement officers to enforce handicapped parking laws on both public and private property (C.39:4-138.o).
- Authorize municipalities to set up parking enforcement units that concentrate on shopping centers and malls (C.39.4-197.9).
- Authorize eligible people with disabilities to request law enforcement officers to arrange for the removal and storage of motor vehicles unlawfully parked in handicapped parking spaces or zones (C.39:4-207.7).
Gloucester Township Police Department
1261 Chews Landing Rd
Clementon, NJ 08021