PHILADELPHIA, PA --Nutritional Development Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (NDS) will participate in the Coalition Against Hunger’s 21st Annual Thomas’ Walk Against Hunger.
Saturday, April 8, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Lincoln Financial Field
1 Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia, PA 19148
This annual fundraiser benefits more than 100 food panties, soup kitchens, and anti-hunger agencies in the region, including NDS. Together, these programs help hundreds of thousands of local families put food on their tables each day. Agencies such as NDS form teams, raise money, and participate in the walk. 80 percent of the funds raised by NDS will be used to combat hunger through the organization’s Community Food Program. The remaining 20 percent will go to the Coalition.
For over forty years, NDS’ mission has been to serve children and those in need with healthy food and food-related resources. NDS accomplishes its mission in two distinct ways: by administering the federally-funded child nutrition programs and through the privately supported Community Food Program.
The year’s walk will start with a lap around the field and then continues with a lap around the stadium. Participants will enjoy a free breakfast and snacks, live music and entertainment, and games and face painting for kids.