GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ (APRIL 10, 2017)--• CONGRATULATIONS to the cast and crew of this year’s GHS musical production of Bye Bye Birdie. The show was a great success and the Directors and Staff members of GHS are all very proud of you all!! BRAVO!!!
• Both the American Red Cross and Nurse Linda Stewart would like to thank all of the students and staff who took the time to donate blood, during the Annual GHS Blood Drive. Over 50 pints of, much needed, blood were collected, THANK YOU ALL!!!
• The GHS Gay-Straight Alliance will be holding their annual “DAY OF SILENCE” THIS Wednesday, April 12th. This tradition is a national youth movement bringing attention to the silence faced by LGBTQ people and their families. Any students who are interested in participating should attend a brief meeting after school TODAY, Monday, April 10th, in the GHS Auditorium, to sign up and get all the information.
• Any student wishing to purchase a Yearbook, please bring in a deposit of $20 or full payment of $70 to Mrs. Darrow. You may also use the online link on the GHS website.
• The Leo Club will be collecting old eyeglasses to donate to those in need. If you have any glasses at home that you no longer wear, please bring them in! Collection boxes are in the Junior High and Main Offices.
• Attention GHS Juniors and Seniors, there are only 2 DAYS LEFT to purchase tickets to this year's prom. Prom tickets are on sale through this Wednesday, April 12th in room E-3 from 8 - 8:25 am. Tickets are $50 each and can only be purchased with cash. No tickets will be sold after Wednesday, April 12th. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Spaventa in room E-3.
• Attention Juniors and Seniors- Prom Information Packets are available for pickup from Mrs. Spaventa in room E-3 during homeroom. If you did not receive yours, stop to see her before homeroom is over.
• GHS annual Dancing with the Staff will be held Wednesday, May 10th 7 pm in GHS Auditorium. Now is your opportunity to be part of this fun, entertaining event. Sign –up in the main office.
GHS SPORTS UPDATE
• The GHS Lions Freshman Baseball Team defeated the Pitman Panthers on Saturday by the final score of 13-5. Mason Gaskill and Joey Pinto combined for the win on the mound. Keegan Farlow and Zach Henry led the offense into the double digits!
• The GHS Lions Varsity Baseball team defeated the Glassboro Bulldogs, in WALK-OFF fashion on Saturday by the score of 3-2. Sal Carracino threw 6 great innings to help the Lions to lead the Lions and Nick D’Agostino came in, in relief to pick up the win. The Lions were down 2-1 in the bottom of the 7th inning when nick D’Agostino was hit with a pitch getting him on base. Evan Witcraft singled to put runners at 1st and 2nd. With two outs, Royce Gaudet hit a double to bring in two runs and seal the victory for the Lions!
SOURCE: GLOUCESTER CITY HIGH SCHOOL