by Dawn Watson | CNBNewsnet
Related: New Game In Town
Related: Two Part Series:
Several days ago I posted a tongue-in-cheek commentary about our neighborhood being cited for violations because of the opening of the new school. We had the information about the reason for the citations directly from an inspector who was questioned; he admitted we were being singled out because of the pedestrian traffic to and from the school.
What started as an off-beat but hopefully an enjoyable way to address a problem turned into a humiliating 'roast' of Dawn Watson. The responses were similar to a late-night TV segment in which people are asked to read mean tweets about themselves.
Herein are some of my favorite mean 'tweets':
*That Dawn Watson should stop whining and complaining and fix her place up.
*Didn't she own a business? She needs to keep up with the repairs on her house.
*If you disagree then don't fix your house but the Housing Authority will paste a sticker on it and you'll have to fix it or they will throw you out of town.
*I'm sick of looking at your roof. I drive to work past your house every day and I'm sick of looking at it.
*It's people like you that destroy the town. None of us want you here and we don't like you.
*This city is in the right. But if you don't fix it they will get rid of you.
*You know it's not a difficult thing to comprehend. Calling the news station will do nothing because the reporter will come out and look at your property and know it needs fixing and will leave.
*I understand she did run a dog training business in town but that does not excuse her citation.
*I love it how everyone cries about the stupidest stuff.
AND MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE MEAN TWEET: I'm not saying Dawn is not welcome here I'm saying that owning a house requires financial responsibility and if she cannot financially assume that role she would be better off selling her house, pocketing the money and perhaps moving into an apartment where the only thing she'd have to worry about is rent every month and all of the repairs to the structure would fall on the landlord. Perhaps that would be more financially stable for Dawn.
I have to admit I immediately began scanning real estate sites, thinking I should get outta town. However, before moving to a secluded cabin in Ishkabip I'd like to clear a few things up:
- I still own a business training dogs in Gloucester City. It's been here since 2009. I love it. I don't make any money on it because I don't want any dog surrendered because of financial issues, so folks in Gloucester City know they can reach out to me for help.
- I never asked for financial help, nor was I whining. I saw that my neighborhood was being targeted and so I wrote a commentary about it.
- People that tell me they are sick of looking at my roof should look at their shoes. That way, they won't be bothered about my roof.
- I moved here in 2009 to make a difference, to speak up, and to fight for our citizens. Personal attacks go with the territory and, as a dear friend pointed out, even those that attacked me would receive my help if they needed it.
- If the Powers that Be can target one area and site multiple homes for ridiculous violations YOU ARE NEXT!
- I alone took the responsibility of publishing your comments, no matter how hurtful they were because, the bottom line is that I am here to pull you from the flames even if I get burnt in the process.
Okay, meanies, give me your best shot. Guaranteed I'll get up again.
Related: New Game In Town