GLOUCESTER CITY, NJ--(March 29, 2017)Thank you to four great young men from our Class of 2016 who are serving in the U. S. Marines: Ignacio Lopez, Bryan Santiago, Carter Orant and Alex Holmes. We honor you every day.
• Any student wishing to purchase a Yearbook, please bring in a deposit of $20 or full payment of $70 to Mrs. Darrow. You may also use the online Link to purchase your Yearbook as well.
• The Leo Club will be collecting old eyeglasses to donate to those in need. If you have any glasses at home that you no longer wear, bring them in! Collection boxes are in the Junior High and Main Offices.
• Attention Juniors: Yankee Candle orders will be in TODAY and MUST be picked up TODAY at dismissal in the Media Center. Make arrangements if you play sports because you MUST get your orders TODAY.
• Attention 7th Graders: ONLY 4 spots are left for the Weather Education/Phillies Game. Permission slip and $20.00 Due by April 4th! See Mrs. McWilliams for any questions.
• Attention Seniors: There are a few appointment slots left to meet with an RCGC advisor TOMORROW, Thursday, March 30th. If you are planning to go to RCGC next year and have questions, sign up in the Guidance office!
• Friday, March 31st, at GHS, will be Blue and Gold day in honor of our participants in our Spring sports. Be sure to wear Blue and Gold to support our Spring athletes.
• Grab your popcorn because the 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament Final Four is set and ready to go. Thank you to all the teams who participated this year. Everyone did a great job and showed excellent sportsmanship. Here are you Final Four matchups:
• Team 1: Rob Sulpizio, Will Cooper, Rob Cooper, and Juliana Graves
• Team 4: AJ Parent, Matt Wilke, Derron Cooney, Chloe Bennett
• Team 2: Steve Loomis, SE Monday Wright, Nick Zingaro, Rylie Iaconelli
• Team 3: Jake Petrik, Shaun Burt, Chris Ferrell, Maddy Long
The Semi-Final and Championship Games will be played at the Pep Rally on Friday, March 31st. Best of Luck to all teams! Go Lions!
• The GHS Love for Animals Club will meet TOMORROW, Thursday, March 30th after school in room A-17. Any members interested in the May 30th field trip should attend.
• The Fellowship of Christian Athletes weekly meeting will take place TOMORROW, Thursday, March, 30th at 7:30 am.
• CONGRATULATIONS to both the GHS Indoor Color Guard and Indoor Percussion Line, who both finished in 2nd place in their respective divisions at the Winslow High School Indoor Competition over the weekend. Both groups posted their highest scores of the season so far and will move on to compete this Sunday at Williamstown High School. GREAT JOB and best of this luck this weekend, GO LIONS!!
• ALL of the students and staff at GHS would like to thank Pro-Camps and country music superstar Garth Brooks, for the wonderful soccer camp for the students of GHS over the weekend. Brooks, the top-selling artist of all time, surprised the students attending the soccer camp and helped make the event a HUGE success. SPECIAL THANKS to Mr. John Kenney and the GHS Maintenance Department for making the entire event possible!
• Attention GHS Juniors and Seniors- Prom tickets will be on sale starting TODAY Monday, March 27th through April 12th in room E-3 from 8 - 8:25am. Tickets are $50 each and can only be purchased with cash. No tickets will be sold after Wednesday, April 12th. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Spaventa in room E-3.
• Attention GHS Juniors and Seniors- for any GHS students planning on taking an “out of district” guest to this year’s prom, Prom Guest Forms are available in the main office and must be completed and returned by dismissal Monday, April 3rd. Your guest form must be accompanied by a photo I.D. No forms will be accepted after the due date, NO EXCEPTIONS. If you have any questions, see Mrs. Spaventa.
• Attention Juniors and Seniors- Prom Information Packets are available for pickup from Mrs. Spaventa in room E-3 during homeroom. If you did not receive yours, stop to see her before homeroom is over.
• Any GHS student who played football or cheered for the Gloucester Mustang football association and plays football or cheers here at GHS, please stop down to guidance and take a look at 2 new scholarships available! Each scholarship is worth $250.00
• ATTENTION all GHS Freshman who plan on attending the Freshman Class Trip to Dorney Park: you MUST have your signed permission slips and final payments turned in by Friday, March 31st. Please see your Class Advisor, Mrs. Grelle in room B-14 to turn in your forms and money, or if you have any questions.
• ATTENTION all GHS Sophomores who plan on attending the Class Trip to Hershey Park: you MUST have your signed permission slips turned in ASAP! The final payment must turn in by WEDNESDAY, April 5th. Please see your Class Advisor, Mrs. Brandt in room B-3 to turn in your forms and money, or if you have any questions.
• For the next 3 weeks in all students’ lunches, Friends of Rachel will be collecting funds to support the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for Patients Program. Our mission is to support finding cures and ensure access to treatments for blood cancer patients. This is teaching our club members about service, and leadership and philanthropy and how they can make a difference by changing patients’ lives. Students and staff please look for our donation boxes in all student lunches and consider dropping some extra change in to support this important cause. Thank you in advance for your generous donations! So far, over $230 has been raised!!
• Lost and found items are now in the main office foyer across from the auditorium. Please come and check out the cart. We have coats, jackets, gloves, hats, sneakers, binders, and pencil cases. These items will be thrown out at the end of next week so check the cart now.
• GHS annual Dancing with the Staff will be held Wednesday, May 10th 7 pm in GHS Auditorium. Now is your opportunity to be part of this fun, entertaining event. Sign –up in the main office.
• The GHS Guidance Department is hosting College Visit Trips to the following colleges and universities. Interested sophomores and juniors are reminded to stop in the Guidance Office to sign up, get the permission slips, and any further information.
March 29 – Rowan University
GHS SPORTS UPDATE
source Gloucester City High School